The wall is in the middle grotto of Mt. Grotto, the same canyon as The Playground. Most of the climbs are less than 30m and a 60m rope is sufficient. The wall gets direct sun from mid-morning right till sunset for most of the year. This makes Apocalypse an excellent shoulder season option as it is one of the warmest crags in the valley! Most of the climbing is 5.11 to 5.14-. As with any brand-new routes/crags, helmets are strongly recommended...especially considering the rock is suspect in areas.
Approach Information (the GPS coordinates can be entered into Google Maps)
• Park at the Ratsnest cave parking (51.052286, -115.256614)
• The climber's trail forks left about 5 mins in (51.054770, -115.258388)
• Very quickly you will reach a clearing and powerline (51.055289, -115.259427)
• After about 40 minutes, the trail leads right into the trees (51.067365, -115.273983)
• Follow the canyon and the trails along it's banks to a fork just before the Playground
• Take the left fork for Apocalypse Cave (51.071160,-115.272919)
• Take the right drainage till you reach a small cairn with yellow flagging (51.071876,-115.271061).
• Follow the yellow flagging up the steep hill to the Cave (51.074178,-115.270754)!
• Approach time is approximately 70 minutes.
Here you can add a new climb to the Sendage database.
Please do your best to keep the Sendage database free of duplicates.
Only create a new entry if you can't find the climb in the search results.
If you don't agree with the grade, suggest a new one when you tick the climb off.
Don't intentionally misspell the climb to change the grade!