Ashima Shiraishi sends Terre de Sienne, V14 in Hueco Tanks

Ashima Shiraishi continues to prove that she’s a top climber. On her first day back to Hueco Tanks she takes down two test pieces in North Mountain. Terre de Sienne is a Fred Nicole special and Diaphanous Sea is one of Hueco’s classics.

I shocked myself by getting the first female ascent of the legendary razor blade climb, Terre de Sienne (V14)! It feels so good to see improvement in my climbing and that I’ve grown!! 3 years ago, I tried this climb for 2 weeks and got shut down on it. I also quickly sent Diaphanous Sea (V11/12), the iconic climb right next to it. I did not expect myself to do both of these climbs today!!

Source: Instagram

Read More...

Climbing Indoors For The First Time

There is likely a climbing gym in every major city in North America. Gyms have made the introduction to rock climbing much more accessible and the controlled environment helps beginners learn to be safe before climbing outdoors where things can be much more unpredictable. Your first experience climbing should be fun, social and great exercise. Here are a few things you should know to prepare yourself for your first time climbing.

Read More...

Sean McColl Making Quick Ascents in Bishop

Canadian climber, French resident Sean McColl is currently in Bishop, CA and has already made 3 notable ascents. He sent the original Evilution, V12 (to the top of the boulder), Buttermilker, V13, and Direct North, V14 all at the Buttermilks. We’re looking forward to seeing Sean log more hard sends this trip!

Read More...

Alex Honnold Talks About His Foundation

Alex Honnold is the climbing icon of this decade. His humble spirit is captured in this candid video as he talks briefly about about his Honnold Foundation.

Read More...