Changing incorrect grade

Forums Support Help Changing incorrect grade

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jamie Chong 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

mistyforsberg
    Participant

I was curious if there was a way to correct a climb that is graded incorrectly? I believe I have been told that the grade is a result of how the sends are rated, but how would you fix the grade on a climb that has 0 sends, but has been entered incorrectly?

If it helps, I am looking at Lolo Ferrari in Mont Orford. It is listed as a V5, but the guide says V4.

Jamie Chong
    Keymaster

Hi Misty, once some records a send for Lolo Ferrari, the system will update its grade to what that person logged (grades get updated every few days). If 2 or more people log sends, the system takes a consensus, which is basically an average of the reported grades. Sendage doesn’t attempt to sync up with local guidebooks. Since nobody has logged a send yet, the grade will remain as-is. If it really bothers you, log the send as V4 and wait for the system to update, then unlog it afterward. Hope that helps explain things better.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.